Metadata Utility – Key Features
Metadata Utility contains and stores all Windows Media Center Movie Information, which is also known as Metadata Information. Metadata Utility Key Features:
Metadata Utility - Online Search Tool
Search and Download Movies Online
Metadata Utility - Batch Processing
This powerful feature allows you to control the creation of Movie Metadata Information for many movies (or your entire Movie Library) with a single click.
For more Information see section: ‘Metadata Utility – Operation – Bulk Update Process (BUP)’ (Inser_Link_Here)
- Metadata Utility is especially useful for offline Metadata Management. This means that once you have built your Movie Library (in Metadata Utility), Metadata Utility will be able to Manage (create, update, delete/replace old XML ‘Metadata’ files) in Windows Media Center.
- Metadata Utility does not use a Subscription Service, thus the Data you have, you own.
In other words, Metadata Utility allows you to Manage your entire Windows Media Center Movie Library:
- Create and Manage your Artwork Links.
- Edit/make changes to your existing Windows Media Center Metadata Information.
- Generate the necessary Windows Media Center Metadata Information which is displayed for each movie.
For Windows Media Center to be able to store and read Metadata Information for any given Movie, then it is necessary that each Movie must reside in it’s own Folder (Directory).
If you have all your movies in ISO Files and all the ISO files are inside a single directory, then it will NOT be possible for Metadata Utility to generate XML Files with the necessary Metadata Information for each movie (as Windows Media Center will not be able to read Metadata Information when you have multiple Movies (Media sources) all combined together in within a single Directory.
In other words, in order for Metadata Utility to properly manage your movie library, then each movie has to be contained in within it’s own directory.
Sample of Movies all inside of a single directory – NOT MANAGEABLE
Sample of Movies in a proper format – MANAGEABLE
Windows Media Center Movie Library MUST reside in at least one of the following:
- A Network Share
- A NAS Environment
- A HD Partition(s) and/or Directory (or Directories) that resides outside of the User’s Windows Local Profile. This either Partition(s) and/or Directory/Directories will serve as Root(s)/Source(s) to all of the Movies.
Metadata Utility - Maintenance Features
Metadata Utility Language Management – Change Caption of Buttons, Fields, etc to the language of your choice
Metadata Utility - Maintenance Features - Language Management
Default Language: English
Sample of Renamed Fields
Metadata Utility - Maintenance Features - BackUp and/or Restore Metadata 'XML' File(s)
BackUp and/or Restore the Metadata Library File(s).
Metadata Utility - Maintenance Features - BackUp Metadata Utility's BackEnd Data (ie. your created XML Media BackEnd Data)
BackUp Metadata Utility BackEnd Database(s)
Metadata Utility - Maintenance Features - Rebuild BackEnd(s)
Rebuild Metadata Utility BackEnd Database(s). This powerful feature allows you to compact as well as rebuild/repair any (or all) of Metadata Utility BackEnd Database(s).